My favorite recipe to make in my 7.25qt Le Creuset Dutch Oven! It’s easy! It’s fast! It’s delicious! It’s a family favorite! My family likes a pasta night about once a week and this never disappoints! When they ask “what’s for dinner?” and I respond spaghetti they all say “Yay!”
Another thing I love about this recipe is it’s very interchangeable. I can use any box of pasta I have in my pantry. It tastes very similar whether you use chicken broth or vegetable broth. Any type of meat that can be sauteed can be used — ground beef, ground turkey, sausage, chicken sausage. Really any combination will work!
Check out my product review of the Le Creuset Dutch Oven. A MUST-HAVE piece of cookware for every kitchen!
Recipe: One Pot Pasta (Le Creuset Dutch Oven)
- 1 7.25qt Dutch Oven
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs minced garlic
- 1 lb ground beef, ground turkey, or sausage
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 box spaghetti or any pasta
- 1 32oz box chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 20oz jars marinara sauce
- Add olive oil and garlic to the dutch oven. Saute for a couple minutes on medium heat.
- Add ground beef, ground turkey or sausage and saute until cooked through. I like to use a potato masher to really break up the pieces. Drain fat if desired. If you use low fat turkey you will not need to drain. Season meat with salt and pepper.
- Add the rest of the ingredients in any order. If you are using spaghetti, break in half. Gently stir so the broth and sauce are slightly combined. Cover and boil. **Keep an eye on it! Dutch ovens heat super fast!**Once boiling turn heat down to low and cover.
- Check and stir every few minutes until pasta has absorbed some of liquid and feels tender. (about 8-12 minutes depending on the type of pasta you used)
- Let cool before serving and the pasta will absorb even more liquid.